What are the tier levels associated with my plan?
We use a 4-Tier system.
Tier 1: First Line Support
- End-user tech support
- User account management
- Detection of potential major incidents and problems
- Proactive maintenance and incident management
- Patch Management
- Software installation
- Issue documentation and resolution steps
Tier 2: Technical Support
Where things get a tad more complex, so you’ll need more experienced analysts.
- Troubleshooting incidents that couldn’t be solved at Tier 1.
- Creating knowledgebase articles to help users and Tier 1 agents.
- Visiting the end-user, usually through remote monitoring and management.
- Creating documentation of the issues and remedy attempts.
Tier 3: Expert Support
This is the highest level in terms of IT support.
- Monitoring support queues to make sure that tickets are scaled appropriately
- Troubleshooting incidents that couldn’t be solved before.
- Providing knowledgebase articles.
- Assisting in problem and major incident resolution.
- Documenting the issue and providing details on resolution attempts.
Tier 4: Third-Party Support
Usually outside technical support, but can be provided in-house by our certified teams, depending on the program or software.
- If you need to make use of a third-party vendor warranty.
- If your organization doesn’t provide in-house support.
*As you advance Tiers, you get all the items listed in the previous tier.